在线一本码道高清

Trump sends statement after U.S. military base attack: no casualties, new sanctions imposed on Iran

Surging news reporter Zhang Wuwei

2020-01-09 00:48 Source: Surging News

Font size
In the early morning of the 9th Beijing time, US President Trump issued a statement in the White House, saying that there had been no casualties in the attack from Iran on the US military base in Iraq the previous day, and announced that it would impose new sanctions on Iran. CNN commented that Trump's statement hinted that it would not launch a "military response" to Iran.
"All our soldiers are safe and our military bases have suffered very little damage." Trump said.
At 11:30 am Washington time on the 8th, Trump appeared at the conference site, nearly half an hour later than originally scheduled. When Trump issued a statement, U.S. Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Pompeo, Secretary of Defense Esper, and Senator Mark Milly stood on his left and right sides.
"As long as I am the President of the United States, Iran will never be allowed to possess nuclear weapons." Trump used this as an opening statement.

According to CNN, Trump said in a statement that the U.S. military was "ready to do anything," but Iran seemed to have flinched. "This is a good thing for all parties involved, and a good thing for the world."
Trump described Iran's military commander Suleimani, who was killed in a US airstrike last week, as "the world's number one terrorist." "He (Suleimani) trained 'terrorist forces', including (Lebanon) Hezbollah, to launch 'terrorist attacks' on civilian targets. He instigated bloody civil wars throughout the region, and he maliciously injured and killed thousands American soldier. "Trump said that when Suleimani was attacked," it was planning to launch a new attack on American targets. "
Trump said Suleimani directed a recent attack on U.S. personnel in Iraq, which resulted in “four serious injuries to the service and one American dead”, and he also planned a “violent attack” on the U.S. ambassador to Baghdad .
In addition, Trump also criticized the Iranian nuclear agreement as "seriously flawed." In the statement, Trump announced that he would impose new punitive economic sanctions on Iran.
On January 5, after Suleimani was attacked by the U.S. forces, Iran announced that it would further reduce compliance with the commitments of the 2015 Iran nuclear agreement, saying that Iran's nuclear program will no longer be subject to any restrictions.
Trump stated in this statement: "We must work together to reach an agreement with Iran to make the world a safer and more peaceful place." On May 8, 2018, Trump took the lead in announcing his withdrawal from the Iranian nuclear program. Agreement and restart sanctions on Iran.
In his statement, Trump did not forget to boast of his achievements, saying that since he took office, the United States has achieved energy independence. "We are now the world's largest oil and gas producer. We are independent and we don't need oil from the Middle East." Trump concluded by saying that the United States wants to embrace peace with all nations seeking peace.
Trump's statement lasted about ten minutes.
On January 3, Sulaymani, commander of the "Islamic City Brigade" under the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards, was killed by U.S. drones outside Baghdad airport in Iraq. Subsequently, Iran vowed "severe revenge".
On January 8, at the same time as Suleimani was attacked, Iran launched an attack on a US military base in Iraq. According to Al Jazeera television reported on January 8, the Iraqi military stated that the country was attacked by 22 missiles between 1.45 am and 2.15 am on the same day. Seventeen missiles landed at the Al Ain Assad base with US forces, two of which did not explode and the other five landed in Erbil.
Afterwards, Iran's supreme leader, Khamenei, described Iran's air strikes against US military bases as "a slap in the face of the United States." Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif said that the country has implemented a reasonable "self-defense" behavior and does not seek to escalate the situation.
Trump later tweeted that in the morning of the 8th local time (in the early morning of the 9th Beijing time), he would issue a formal statement on the matter, saying that "so far so good, damage assessment is underway."
Iranian President Rouhani tweeted on the 8th that Iran's final answer to the US's killing of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Commander Suleimani was "to drive all US troops out of the area."
(This article comes from Surging News. For more original information, please download the Surging News app.)
Editor-in-chief: Wu Ting
Proofreading: Liu Wei
Surging news materials: 4009-20-4009 Surging news, may not be reproduced without authorization
Keywords >> Sulaymani, USA, Iran

related suggestion

Comments (920)

Hot news

Surging News APP Download

Client Downloads

Hot topic

Hot recommendation

About surging work in surgingcontact us copyright statement privacy policy surging advertisement friendship link surging news report acceptance and disposal measures